Osan Curfew Policy
- CURFEW NON-EXERCISE: 2400-0500 MON-THU,
0100-0500 FRI, SAT AND THE NIGHT BEFORE A HOLIDAY.
CURFEW DURING EXERCISES: 2200-0500 UNTIL ENDEX IS DECLARED.
- 51 FW COMMANDER CURFEW POLICY: ALL PERSONNEL MUST BE
ON BASE OR IN THEIR HOTEL BY 2400 SUN-THURS 0100 FRI-SAT & THE NIGHT BEFORE HOLIDAY, 2200 DURING
EXERCISES. DO NOT VIOLATE
POLICY YOU WILL BE DETAINED!! IT'S NOT UNCOMMON
FOR FIRST TIME OFFENDERS TO RECEIVE STRICT PUNISHMENT FROM A LOR/UIF UP TO AN ARTICLE 15.
CURFEW APPLIES TO ALL ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY AND CIVIL SERVICE EMPLOYEES.
DUTY-REQUIRED TRAVEL BETWEEN BASE AND QUARTERS IS ALLOWED, BUT TRAVEL MUST BE
DIRECT WITH NO DEVIATIONS.
- Downtown Rules
- Korean Law prohibits the display of an open container of alcohol
while outside in public areas. While visiting the night club scene
in the local area, it is wise to remain indoors until you have finished all beverages.
If you don't finish it, you can't take it with you!
- There are several off-limits areas you need to be aware of while
visiting and serving here at Osan (i.e. Korean
pharmacies, soju tents, barber shops, massage parlors, steam bath, and houses of
prostitution). There is a sign between the outgoing vehicle lane and the pedestrian gate
at the Main Gate containing the latest curfew and off-limits information. For a complete
list consult the Security Forces personnel at the main gate.
- The installation commander at Osan has an established and enforced
curfew policy, It means Monday-Thursday you must be on base or in your quarters/hotel by
the established curfew time of 2400. On Fridays, Saturdays and the night before holidays,
the curfew is extended until 0100. Don't become a curfew casualty -- check with the
Security Forces personnel on duty prior to departing Osan Air Base.
- Most importantly.... while downtown, have a good time. There are
numerous exceptional restaurants and entertainment
locations throughout the downtown area.
- Explore......Enjoy.....and most important: Remember your Wingman!